Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bellatrix LeStrange


Bellatrix Detail
Originally uploaded by solslett.

I finished the first of the pair in less than 3 days. It took me 2 weeks to finish the other. I did finish a few things in between, though. It's not like I sat on my hands and did nothing. As if that could be done. I should cut back a little. My knuckles are a little achy in the morning when I get up. How do we solve this problem? Knit for half an hour. It's an illness, I tell ya.

Detail Bellatrix

Anyway - back to Bellatrix. These are the second in my self proclaimed Potter-mania series. The first were Fawkes, which I finished last month. The pattern is from Socktopia and the yarn is from Mackintosh Yarns and they are both named for the same character. It seemed natural.


I really like how these turned out - they may be the closest fitting Bella's out there, since I knit them on 0US needles, but I like my socks snug. The yarn was a pleasure to knit with.

Bellatrix Done!

No comments: