Friday, February 22, 2008

Finished Friday

It was a long day - and a good one. This was the first day of Stitches West, and the Marketplace was a fibery garden of earthly delights. Ravelry had a great idea and created passports - you had to go to specific booths and get your passport stamped. It was a fun way to get around the show and see what was available. I got mine done and turned in by 11:30. My first stop, however, was Blue Moon Fiber Arts, and I kept myself to just two skeins.

Here is a picture of my acquisitions:

Stashin' basket

I love the handmade baskets from Africa, so I picked up one of those. I also got a Ravelry bag, but I'll show that tomorrow.

To the top left - that Malabrigo. Two luscious skeins that go remarkably well with my Yarn Pirate Kalamata socks. To the top right are the two skeins of Blue Moon. The red skien is Lang MerinoSeta, with which I am going to make a pair of fingerless gloves. Next to the Lang is a skien of Orange Mondial Cotton Soft for a baby hat. The purple looking stuff is Windy Valley Muskox Qiviuk, a blend of Qiviuk, Extrafine Merino and Silk. After that are two skeins of OnLine supersock, one for hubby and one for me, and a skein of Fortissima Socka. Then the BMF followed by another skein of OnLine.

Bottom Row is Tess Designer Yarns Super Socks & Baby and Microfiber Ribbon.

I also bought a few patterns and some notions. However, I bought something that I have long salivated after, but would not purchase until I held them in my hand.

Stilletto, Sqaures and Fiber

From Signature Needle Arts, may I introduce the Stiletto Needles. These are wonderful! I can't say enough about them. They grip, they are solid aluminum needles and they have a wonderful point. I purchased the 10" length in size US 3, 5 and 7. Will I buy more? Yeah. I tried them tonight on some afghan squares, and they were done in no time. I love the feel of these needles. The sticker, by the way, is from Ravelry.

It was a wonderful day, and I get to go back and do it all over again tomorrow.

No comments: