Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lucky Leafling

Yeah - I've been on a sock knitting jag again.

Lucky Leafling

Lucky Leafling

There is something to be said for being in the Socks that Rock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. You have the opportunity to knit socks that you normally wouldn't. This is from last year, the colorway is Lucky in Mediumweight, the pattern is called Leafling by JC Briar. The heel design is a la Cat Bordhi. I have not tried doing one of her sock architectures, and this gave me the opportunity.

The socks are thick, and I had to rip out the 2nd sock back to the leg because I managed to add an extra pattern repeat, so the sock was huge! Yes, it's true, even I make mistakes.

I am curious to see how they work for me. Kevin is concerned that the bulk in the heel may be uncomfortable for me, and I am concerned that they will bunch. The socks fit tight enough, but I'm just uncertain. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: