Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Utter cuteness

The hazard of knitting lots of projects is accumulating a lot of little balls of left over yarn. There usually isn't enough to make a functional item with what's left, unless you start combining.

I came across a key chain a few months ago. It's a mini sock blocker. Debbie Jennings of Felt Up Designs came up with a great idea. For $3.00 (plus s&H) you get a cute accessory and a pattern. Quite frankly, I love mine.

Here are my first batch of mini socks:

Sock Blocker Keychain Socks
(LtoR top : Koigu, Zarina, Cherry Tree Hill, Schaefer Anne, Austermann
LtoR bottom: Opal, Socks That Rock, Jitterbug, Jitterbug, Koigu)

One note about the pattern - the recommended needle size created a sock too small for the sock blocker. I had to move up 2 needle sizes for them to fit properly. In fact, it's the 2nd one in from the right on the bottom row. I've knit a few more since I finished these, but I still have to sew in ends, add a loop, etc. I have about 4 more finished. They knit up quickly, use less than 20 yards and can be coordinated with the socks I am wearing that day. My goal is to knit a mini sock in all the yarns I have used for socks.

If you knit socks, you need a sock blocker key chain. Show off - be proud of your skills!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about these! I just ordered one so that I can give it to my swap pal who loves to knit socks! They are so cute! -girlinga.com