This is what happens when I fail to post as I complete or do stuff. It backlogs and I feel bad. So get your adult beverage of choice and enjoy the post.
September Baby Hats
I wanted to do some baby hats for Hats for Alex. I managed eight! The yarn used was Lion Brand Baby Soft in Pastel Yellow and Candy Print. Here they are...
Ribbed Baby Hat - pretty typical ribbed pattern - single strand
Lattice Baby Hat - alternated rows of stockinette and rib - double strands
Spiral Eyelet Hat - single strand
Raindrops Baby Hat - a combination of single and double strand - when stretched there is a faint pattern.
Rolled Brim Hat - double strand
Subtle Strip Hat - alternating yarns for a striped effect.
Spiral Eyelet V.2 - single strand
Seeded Hat - double strand - alternating k1p1 to create the seeded pattern
So that is it for the hats. Aren't they cute?
I wanted to create a felted hand bag, and embellish they hell out of it. Here is the bag felted:
I used a little over 2 skeins of 2 Cascade 220 colors (8912 & 5015). The fabric is dense and rigid, which is what I wanted. I will be lining it. I have finished beading it and adding some surface embroidery. Once it's lined, I will post and update. I wrote a pattern for this, and I want to do it again to see what I need to do to bring it under 4 skeins of Cascade. When I have it done, I will post the pattern.
All Scarfs Should Be Made from Alpaca Blends
I had two skeins of Cascade Bulky Leisure, which is a 50/50 blend of Alpaca and Cotton. OMG it is so soft! I had planned on this going to the Red Scarf Project, but I had already made two scarfs and they had asked for quality not quantity. The other two were machine washable, and this is most assuredly not. So I got out the stitch dictionary, and decided to use the Moss Stitch.
The picture doesn't do it justice. The color is a much deeper red. I want it to get cold so I can wear it.
We're better than half way through.
Another Chemo Hat
I still have enough yarn for at least 10 more Chemo Hats, so I thought I would get another done. I have completed this pattern so many times, I now can get it done in one night.
And Then There Were Socks
So here are three of the 4 pairs of socks I have done this month.
A whole bunch of Mini Socks for my Sock Blocker Key Chain. I now have a mini sock for every pair of socks that I have made.
I call these Broken Rib. This is a pattern I wrote myself, and I am quite happy with it. I will be testing it again before I publish it. I used 2 skeins of Regia Design Line Kaffe Fasset #4252 on size 0US needles.
Heelless Sleeping Socks, from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. The yarn is Super Socks Color, 2 skeins in #29 and knit using 2US needles.
I participated in Sock Wars this year, and I "died" today. I was able to "kill" my target, so I have that. It was brief, but fun. These are the socks that I knit:
Lana Grossa Meilenweit 6fach Special, the pattern is Scar by Julie Gardner and I used 3US needles. There was enough yarn left over to make a pair of ankle socks. I will post that in a separate entry later this week, along with the other stuff I finished the last couple of nights.
Well, that's it for now. I will be posting again tomorrow or Thursday with some cool news. Come back and check it out!
Thanks for stopping by.