Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Socktober - aka When I Lost My Mind

I don't know what happened this month, but I guess I wanted to be an over achiever. My sock knitting mojo was in high gear. I rocked the socks. Ok, enough of that. You get it.

So, last post there were 3 pair - Sock Wars (Scar), Broken Rib and the Heelless. Not bad even for a month's worth of knitting. And let's not forget the mini's! Let's add a few more....

Ribbed Ankle Socks

Ribbed Ankle Socks made from the leftover yarn from Scar. I had less than 18" of yarn left when I kitchnered the toe on sock two. I thought I would have to unravel my gauge swatch! Meilenweit 6fach Special #8842, knit on size 3US needles, with an improvised pattern.

Ladyslipper Socks

I call them Ladyslipper Socks. Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool in the colorway Ladyslipper, knit on 5US needles. The pattern was again improvised.

The next two wouldn't have happened without that wonderful sock tome Sensational Knitted Socks.

Moss Stitch Socks

Moss Stitch Socks in Lorna's Laces Swirl DK in the colorway Lakeview. Knit on 3US needles. I have had this is my stash for almost 3 years. I loved this colorway, but just didn't know what to do with it. I like to wear cuddly socks at night, and these ended up being perfect. With only two skeins, the possible projects really only lent themselves to scarves, socks, and mitts/gloves. I only use one of these with any regularity. Take a guess?!

Twin Rib Socks

Twin Rib Socks in Lorna's Laces Swirl DK, colorway Purple Club. Also knit on size 3US needles. Hey, I figured I was on a role, and the other pair had worked out so well, why not.

And I finished two more Chemo Hats.

Chemo Hat - Willow
Chemo Hat - Hydrangea

I used Knit Picks Sport Shine in the colors Willow and Hydrangea, size 3US needles. I think I've done 22 of these now.

I'm just a busy bee. Buzz. Buzz.

I started a new job and it's totally cool and I'm loving all of it accept the commute. And my body really hates 6 am. Really hates it. I'm sitting here at 9:47 PDT, and could go to bed now and be perfectly happy. I would be asleep before my head hit the pillow. It sucks! I get my best work done between the hours of 10 pm and 3 am. It so sucks getting old. Seriously.

Anyway, I decided to embark on a new adventure the same week I was negotiating the particulars of my new job. I decided to start a Knit-a-long, because I am addicted to sock yarn and need all the support I can get.

If you are a sock knitter, or like many of us, collect sock yarn, join us as we reclaim our storage space an dignity. Check out the Sock Stash Elimination Campaign. Be a soldier in the war against insurmountable stash! Ok, it's a little hokey, but it's all in good fun.

Until next time - Carpe Lamun!

No comments: