Saturday, April 11, 2009

Recap - March Madness

Last month I went a bit nuts with the dishrag cotton. I found out that there would be a new baby in the family, and I went to work. Unfortunately, this little one wasn't meant to be. Nature sometimes makes that decision, but it's still a hard thing to accept. So I will put them away for the future.

I had a huge stash of Sugar n' Cream, and a lot of little balls of the same and Peaches & Creme. I was determined to put a dent in that stash. Using my favorite patterns from Mason Dixon Knitting, here are the results:

Bibs O' Love

March Bibs O' Love Madness

Between these two, I used up 5 balls of leftovers. The one to the left includes solid yellow and white stripes interspersed with the variegated yellow/green/white.

March Bibs O' Love Madness

March Bibs O' Love Madness

I was shooting for a dozen in total, but settled for ten. I had better luck in the scrapbook section finding buttons that I liked than at Joann's. I very much miss the old fabric stores.

Baby Genius Burp Cloths

Baby Genius Burp Cloths March Madness

Baby Genius Burp Cloths March Madness

Baby Genius Burp Cloths March Madness

I have more of these I would like to make, but they will be done at another time. I still have about 6 balls of Sugar n' Cream set aside for burp cloths.

Ballband Dishcloth

March Ballband Dishcloth Madness

March Ballband Dishcloth Madness

March Ballband Dishcloth Madness

March Ballband Dishcloth Madness

March Ballband Dishcloth Madness

March Ballband Dishcloth Madness

What I like about these is that I can mix and match and use leftovers, which I did. I want to make more of these, as they make great gifts and of all the washcloths I have made, I like these best.

So, that is my March Madness recap!

No comments: