Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Stitching

I caught the stitching bug again this month, and I managed to get a few things done.

Here we go...

Janlynn Mini Disney Kits

Mickey & Pluto

These are about 2 1/2" by 2 1/2" when they are finished. I have around 2 dozen kits. When they are done, I plan on making a wall quilt that I can use to display by Disney Pin Collection. I think it's going to be fabulous!

I also worked on something different.

BMB #606 Pillow Top

This is an all over Smyrna Cross Stitch design in colors I'm not used to seeing in a Norwegian kit. It took me less than a week to complete, which made me very happy.

Last was Bent Creek's Big Zipper. I finished two more charts. I need to get back to this in the next week or so.

The Big Zipper - The Big House

The griding was tremendously helpful when I was doing the border, but now that I'm working on the smaller sections, it's throwing me off. I matched the grid lines to the master pattern, and the grid lines are different on the smaller charts. Argh! I haven't screwed things up too badly thus far.

I have now officially completed more stitching charts than socks this year. That's the first time in 3 years that has happened. Maybe my stitching mojo is back. It certainly has been on a long vacation.

No comments: