Friday, April 20, 2007

I Guess I Spoke Too Soon

After much soul searching, I decided to leave the job I took just 6 weeks ago. This is something I've never done. I usually stick with something until way past the time a normal person would give up. I guess I've finally gotten to a stage in my life that I don't want to have to settle.

When one door closes another opens.

My reasons for leaving were simple - I couldn't stand the way they were running the company. Douglas Adams once said: "I love deadlines. I like the sound whooshing sound they make as they fly by." I think this was part of their mission statement. There was no sense of urgency. This is the first time in 15 years that I haven't had any part of the "operations" of a company, and, quite frankly, I was looking forward to it. Had I failed to provided system access or business cards to a new hire that had been in place for 6 weeks, I would have had my keister handed to me on a silver platter.

The job hunt continues.

Off to happier thoughts......

I love to knit, amongst other things. It has pretty much become an obsession these past few months, even though I learned to knit at the tender age of 8. Here is an example of something I finished just a few days ago....

Gentlemen's Fancy Socks

They are green, aren't they? This is the 12th pair of socks that I have knit this year. This particular pair was knit using Schaefer Anne, a Superwash Wool/Mohair/Nylon blend that feels just wonderful to knit and wear. The pattern is from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush, and it is called Gentleman's Fancy Sock. I think this is the 4th pair I have knit from her books. I met her at Stitches West this year, and she is a very lovely, charming woman.

A couple of days before I finished another entry for Socktopia (www.socktopia.net). These are called Move Your Fanny, and the pattern is available at the site.

Move Your Fanny

I used Tofutsies from Southwest Trading Company. The yarn was wonderful to work with, and I liked it so much and had enough left over for these....

Tofutsies Wristers

These are called Wristers and are from www.soxie.com./wristers.html. Very quick knit. I finished them last Sunday.

I will blog again soon. I'll take some pictures of what I am working on and load those. It's supposed to be rainy tomorrow, so maybe I'll stay in, watch some movies and just knit.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: