Monday, April 02, 2007

Welcome!

This is my first attempt at blogging, so I make no guarantees as to whether or not it will be interesting, or funny, or topical. It's something I've wanted to try, so here it is.

One month ago, I started a new job. For the first time since 1996, I have a view of something other than traffic, alley's or a wall. I’m working in the town of Emeryville, of Pixar fame. I am on a floor high enough to have an unobstructed view of the Bay – San Francisco, the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges, Treasure Island and the Marin Headlands. To say it is beautiful is too inadequate. Fortune smiled upon me this time.

This is a new career for me, a drastic change from my old life. It’s actually my 4th change. In my former life, I was an Operations Manager for a Mortgage company. Now I am a staffing consultant. The hours are better and I’m still able to work with a variety of people in a positive way. It’s taking a little getting used to, but I’m always up for a new challenge.

As this blog unfolds, I will be sharing some of the details of my life. Most of it, I have a feeling, will be craft related. Occasionally I might take a foray into politics, or something from the days’ news. I might share some family stuff. When we go somewhere, I might share that too. We’ll have to wait and see.

I have become a great fan of blogs and podcasts. You could say that I have become a little obsessed, even. I’ll probably share that too.


So, again I welcome you to my blog. Please let me know what you think!!



The Gate

Not the view from my office, but from Vista Point from the Marin side of the bridge.

No comments: