Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What's On The Needles

I finished another snuggle over the weekend, but Kevin reminded me that I owed him something.

He doesn't sleep well in the mornings on the weekends because the sun is up. He's a little light sensitive. I, on the other hand, can sleep anywhere, anytime, bright sun or pitch black. It's a gift I inherited from my father. Anyway, he wants an eye mask, a sleeping mask.

I started with prototype G1 last weekend. I'm using short rows to structure for the nose. Most eye masks have a notch for the nose, but I wanted to try something different. I am going to make them in a DK weight and Fingering weight. And since money is a little tight right now, I am going to try my hand at designing. So, in essence, I am creating my first published pattern. I already have an idea for socks that I have been wanting to make and a scarf. We'll see how my career goes as a designer.

Wish me luck!

No comments: