Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in Idaho

This may be our last Thanksgiving in Idaho Falls, but as usual, it was an enjoyable week and I regretted that we had to head home. Yes - I enjoy visiting my in-laws. Now that my Mother-In-Law is retired, they will be moving to milder climes, i.e., no snow.

It was cold, but it didn't snow. We drove straight through, going and coming home. It's cheaper than flying and we don't have to worry about a rental car out of Salt Lake.

Buddy's

One of the things I will miss is our annual trip to Buddy's. We didn't get to do it last year, because we thought they were open on Sunday and thought we would stop by on our way to Salt Lake. Nope.

This year we were going to make a point of going, and bringing home some salad dressing. OMG it is fantastic. I view it as a cross between Italian and Cesar and I could have it everyday. They serve a huge salad with the dressing just dripping and they serve peppers, olives, mozzarella and salami on the side. Yum. Combine that with one of their excellent personal pizza's and you will have a memorable meal. This is a favorite place of my husband's dating back to his days at Pocatello High School. I will miss Buddy's.

The Fountain

I didn't have the chance to drive around town much this time, but I did manage to get a shot of the fountain. It really is a beautiful piece of art, and the only time I get to see it is when icicles are hanging off of it.

Future Stanley Cup Winner

We had a family outing on Saturday. We all went down to the skating rink to support my youngest nephew, Tyson. He will be 4 soon. He is learning to play hockey. He is the one looking at the camera.

Tyson and the bucket

He also needs a bucket to stay upright. However, in practice later in the afternoon, he no longer needed said bucket. It was absolutely adorable. It was amazing that we were all there - Kevin and his two sisters, the kids and Mom and Larry. That's what the holidays are all about. I doubt Tyson will remember, but I will.

I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: