Friday, January 16, 2009

A Hayfield Pullover

I found this when I was going through my stash, though at the time is was four pieces of knitting with no pattern.

Unknown Hayfield

It's a cute little sweater that I made many years ago - like, around 1991. With no pattern, it has languished in the craft room years these many years. I took it out, and fingured how hard could it be. I steam blocked it first and seamed it up. I tired to duplicate the ribbing, which has a twist, but I was unsuccessful. Still, it looks ok.

I realized that my knitting has changed quite a bit over the past few years. I used to twist my stitches when I knit, and now I can't figure out how I used to do it. I think this is the last of the old UFO's in the stash. The way I look at it, I've finished two sweaters so far this year!

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

I used to twist my stitches also. That's how I was taught. I think it was 20 years before I realized it. You did a great job on the sweater.