Friday, January 09, 2009

Malabrigo Yarn Club

In hopes that my finances would be better this year, I signed up for the Malabrigo Yarn Club through Eat.Sleep.Knit. I have become addicted to Malabrigo. The fingerless gloves I did last year were amazing, and the pair of Fetching that I have are worn often since it's so stinking cold here. It's California - we don't get 40F during the day, day after day. Where the hell is the rain?!?! Sorry, I digress.

Twinkle Mitts & Cowl

The yarn arrived yesterday. The pattern looked interesting. I sat down last night to see what I could get done.

The fingerless gloves were done a little after midnight. The cowl was done earlier tonight. The colorway is Brisa - which was ok - but this was my first opportunity to use Malabrigo Chunky. The pattern called for US9 needles, but I had to go to 10.5 to get gauge. The pattern is by Katie Franceschi and they are called Twinkle Mitts & Cowl.

Do you think I'm looking forward to next month?

No comments: