Friday, July 17, 2009

Wendelin Socks

I'll be honest - the main reason I decided to knit this pattern is the name was similar to a nickname my friend Chris had given me in high school. The pattern is by Rosemary Waits and the pattern can be found here.

Wendelin in I Want Candy

For those of you that have been following me for a while, you know that I don't like toe up sock construction. The heels, for the most, don't suit me and cause the sock to wander around. I reversed it, constructed the ribbing to match the pattern, and added a heel flap. Tada - a sock that suits me!

The yarn is from my favorite dyer, Yarn Pirate, in the colorway I Want Candy. I wasn't crazy about this colorway because I'm not a "pink" girl, but if I had my druthers, all my socks would be purple. Yarn clubs are the only reason I have variety in my stash.

No comments: