Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Feeling a little blah

See, there's this site called Ravelry. It's this place where knitters, and crocheters, hang out on the net. It's like an exclusive club right now, because you have to be invited to join (beta testing - can only add so many at a time, otherwise, crash!). It's very cool, and a total time drain. I'm loving it.

What's the problem? I have project envy. I see all the cool stuff people are doing and my stuff looks boring. It is boring. Hats and squares and snuggle blankets are boring. Yes, they benefit others, but they are b-o-r-i-n-g. The socks are cool - they are not boring. I have finished a couple since I started Ravelry, and at least I have evidence that I knit something other than stockinette and garter stitch.

I've gotten stuck in a production knitting rut. I need to break out - but I also want to finish the stuff I've started. Like some others whose blogs I frequent, I am suffering from startitis.

I've cast on a new sock, and I'll post about that later. It's toe up (yuck) on two circs (yuck) and lace work (ok). It's not that I can't knit toe up, or on circs, I just think my socks look better using 4 to5 dpns and cuff down. It's probably the short row heels that I dislike the most, and they don't fit me as well as a heel flap.

I think I want to knit a lace shawl. Yeah, I think that's what's bugging me. But for now, I will go finish a sock. All I have left is the toe. Pair 27 for 2007 nearing completion!

No comments: