Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tropicana Socks


Tropicana Socks
Originally uploaded by solslett.

Well, they are finally done. This languished in the knitting basket for a while. Maybe it had something to do with the color. Red, purple and blue a typical combination for me, and they remind me of the Red Hat Society.

I found the pattern at magknits.com. It's by Sabine Riefler. I used Opal Neon, color 3 1935. Because of the fine gauge and tugging required for the feather and fan pattern, I used metal needles in a size 2.5mm. I figured if I used ANY of my wooden needles, they would snap like twigs! They yarn was a gift from The Loopy Ewe when I became a groupie.

I misspoke in my last post. I thought these would be pair number 27, when in fact they are pair number 26. I miscounted. Oh well.

No comments: