Monday, September 01, 2008

Sleeptight Eyemasks

So, I mentioned these a while ago, and I figured I should probably post some pictures. I finished writing the pattern, and it is available on my website. There are three versions, they evolved so to speak, so I named them G1, G2 and G3 ("G" stands for generation, a la Apple).

Here is G1:

G1 Sleep Tight

This one is slightly narrower than the other too and can be done in a DK or Sport weight yarn. The benefit of these is that there is nose shaping, helping keep it in place, and there are no seams! It comfortably wraps around the head and can be easily adjusted.

Presenting G2:

G2 - Sleep Tight

This one has a different shaping for the nose, and cups the tip. Now, I don't know about you, but I have a problem with cold nose in the winter months. This solves the problem! Also, it anchors the mask, so even if you move around a fair amount, it won't. This one is also for DK or Sport weight yarn.

Finally G3:

G3 - Sleep Tight

My fingering weight solution. Have extra sock yarn? Here is a way to get rid of that 100 yards or so that has been languishing in your leftovers basket.

Depending on length and width, you need approximately 70-100 yards of yarn. These knit up rather quickly.

I would like to thank my husband for modeling these for me. These were his idea, because unlike me, he actually needs a dark room to sleep. If necessary, I could sleep with spotlights on and it wouldn't matter!

No comments: