Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Sock WIP, Felting Update & your friendly neighborhood Spider-man



I started these on Tuesday. I've gotten to the point that I have to have a pair of socks "on the needles". This is Meilenwiet Mega Boots Stretch, and I am knitting a basic crew sock. IT IS TAKING FOREVER!!!!! I don't have it in front of me, but I think I'm knitting these on 2mm needles, and the gauge is fine. I cast on 68 stitches, and I turned the heel on the second sock last night, but that was after knitting on it for h-o-u-r-s. Suddenly, I have no patience.

I neglected to mention that the felting of the messenger bag turned out better than expected. It shrank - a lot - and it is about the size I would like. I think I might line it and add a rigid base to it. We'll see. I'm not happy with the strap, it is a little wide. Oh well. Live and learn. I'll take a picture of it when it is ready to be used.

Today we went and saw Spider-Man. Loved it! I know some critics weren't crazy about, but coming from a fan-girl married to someone who has loved Spidey since he was old enough to pick up and read a comic book, it was worth the wait. Though not completely true to the comic book, they haven't gone off on enough tangents to give true Spidey fans a nervous tick, unlike X-Men. I couldn't stop sputtering for days after each of those - oh, what they did to my beloved X-Men. We'll see if they make a mess of Silver Surfer. Hope springs eternal.

Be back with you in a day or two when I finish this WIP!

No comments: