Saturday, July 07, 2007

Knit-knit-knit

It's been a little better than a week since my last post, and I'll have to post again on Monday to catch up. This is only to deal with the 10 days worth of knitting. In the nest post, I will address the Redwoods, the Simpsons, and three great movies.

Since finishing the Energy sweater, I've been working on charity projects. First, since I'm on auto-pilot with these, here are the hats for Afghans for Afghans:

Childs Hat - Afghans for Afghans
Childs Hat - Afghans for Afghans
Childs Hat - Afghans for Afghans
Childs Hat - Afghans for Afghans
Childs Hat - Afghans for Afghans

Five this week - there are two in brown. These are all sized for children, and knit in Debbie Bliss Merino Aran. On 8US needles, one skein is just enough for a hat. They came out really cute.

Next are the squares. First up - Warm Up America:

WAU Squares
WUA Sqaures

I have one more to finish for the set of three in Black. Knit in 100% acrylic from unknown yarn stash, the finished size is 7" x 9" on size 7US needles. I knit these while enjoying the view along US101 from Marin to Del Norte County. These hold some really good karma.

Next are squares for Rebuilding Greensburg:

Afghan squares
Afghan squares

I was surprised how quickly they knit up. Made from scraps from the remnant basket, I was able to knit 11 of these over 3 days. Not bad.

I also finished one sock - half of the "correct" Grasshopper pair from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I will hopefully finish these up this week, as I will have made the 6 mile mark in my LimeNViolet Sock Marathon personal challenge. Right now, I am .05 miles from making that. With this finish, I will be over 6 miles. I will cast on the 2nd sock tonight.

That's it for the knitting update. We may be going to the Monterey Aquarium tomorrow, so maybe I will have cute otter pictures for my post on Monday. I have baby Roosevelt elk pictures to post from last weekend.

Stay tuned.....

No comments: