I blame Carin of Lime N Violet -
Carin had mentioned a Bath Puff that she had crocheted. I thought, "hey, I could get rid of more of my Sugar n' Cream". Four skeins later, I had three bath puffs and a washcloth. I tried a bath puff and realized that the nylon ones that I can buy in the store for a buck actually work. Maybe I missed something in that "bath" is meant literally. It took 3 days for the thing to dry out naturally and then it was a crusty little rock. Throwing it in the wash, and then the dryer, made it soft and pliable again.
The idea is a great one. The results as far as construction is concerned is just fine. It isn't practical, at least for shower use with bath gel. Here I was hoping that I had found a way to beat the system and use my fiber skills to save myself some money in the long run. Nope, not unless I want to crochet with tulle, and I see no cost savings in that one either.
Oh well. My intentions were good. I look forward to the day I have a tub that is acceptable for a proper soak and I can use one of my eco-friendly bath puffs.