Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Socktober Slippin' Strippin' Socks

Slippin' Strippin' Socks - Laceweight

These are the Slippin' Strippin', highly irritatin', never knittin' socks with lace weight again socks. The pattern is by Tina Lorin and this was part of Sock Madness 2. I like the pattern and I like the look, but the fabric is so thin in places. I used Jojoland Harmony and Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk.

I started these back in April as we were leaving for our Pacific Northwest Cruise. I actually started them on the way to San Francisco, with the grand plan of having them done by the time we got back. Nope.

Another thing I didn't like - all the ends I had to weave in. Every 10 rows, one yarn changed. Ugh.

Hey - they are done. That's something to be happy about. I probably won't wear these much. I just don't see them holding up well.

No comments: