Monday, October 13, 2008

Harris Tweed and Socktober

I am officially caught up. I am now officially posting completed items in the month they were completed. I have no more backlogged projects. Yipee!

It is officially Socktober, so my intention this month is to knit lots of socks. Here is pair number 1!

Socktober Harris Tweed Socks in Melienweit Cotton Spirit

When I was visiting the Yarn Boutique earlier this month, my hands discovered this beautiful skein of Melienweit Cotton Spirit and wouldn't let it go. I came home and searched Ravelry until I found a pattern that I could do quickly and would be one that I would enjoy wearing. I came across Harris Tweed, and cast on.

I worked on these socks while I was in Santa Rosa at the Harlot event. I guess these will be my Harlot socks. They took 3 days from start to finish and I can't wait to wear them. No, it isn't cold enough yet!

No comments: