Friday, March 28, 2008

FO Friday

I finished two pairs of socks this week. I finally finished Nagini. I don't know why it took me so long to get these done. I had cast on for the second sock a while ago, and never really got much beyond the cuff. However, I discovered that I had not cast on the correct amount of stitches and had to rip out what I started. I think that's what got me fired up to get these done. Besides, Round 2 of Sock Madness and the Mystic Light Shawl are both waiting in the wings, so getting these off the needles was just a nice accomplishment.

Nagini in Voldemort
Pattern: Nagini by Gigi Silva (Momma Monkey)
Yarn: MacKintosh Yarns Chubby Sock
Colorway: Voldemort
Needles: US2

I can't say much about pair No. 2 since I was test knitting them. However, I can say that I loved the yarn and the pattern is one that had a technique that I had not tried before. The yarn was Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in the colorway Green Mountain Madness. Here is a photo of the sole of the sock:

Secret Sock - Cherry Tree Hill Green Mountain Madness

It really is a beautiful colorway. I think I have enough left over for a pair of fingerless gloves.

I cast on for the Mystic Light Shawl tonight, so I will have a progress photo of that next week. So far, so good.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: