Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A little off

I've been a little off this past week. I had some news last Wednesday, though not completely unexpected, was still a shock to the system. It's not really something I'm ready to talk about, and it's not going to kill me, it just means I have to make some lifestyle changes. In other words, it's going to be a pain in the ass and I'm going to be cranky.

It just causes me to wonder "why me"? The only happy little refuge I have in my life right now is knitting. With almost everything else there is pressure, responsibility, inadequacy, disappointment or angst. I realize that I have it better than a lot of people, but there are a lot of people that have it better than me.

I know I'm just wallowing in a shimmering pool of self pity, but honestly, I hardly ever put myself first. Maybe that's why I'm in the shape I'm in now. So many people pull at me during the day, I have nothing left for myself at the end. Except for a little knitting time just for me. There are times that I wish I could just knit my problems away. About as likely as Santa and Tinker Bell stopping by for a drink this Friday night.

I'm just frustrated and mentally tired and I feel like whining. Sorry.

Tomorrow normalcy will return and I will post what I'm working on and we'll just put this little pity party on the back burner. Not every day can be wine and roses.

Thanks for humoring me.

No comments: