Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's On The Needles

Last year, I discovered the English magazine Simply Knitting. I have been amazed by how many patterns I find that I want to try. In one of the issues last Fall, there was a pattern for a simple stockinette rolled hem sweater that I thought would be perfect for my husband. Something he could just throw on, light but warm. I wanted to try a larger project with Rowan 4-ply Tweed, and with some minor adjustments, I was on my way.

I finished the front tonight.

Big Easy - Front & Back done

I know, I know. It looks like a couple of greenish rectangles at this point, but it won't be long before DH is modeling it for the world. I started a sleeve last night. I'm finding that this is a really good commute project. See, I can knit something other than socks.

And speaking of socks.....

I am test knitting a pair of socks. That's all I'm willing to say. Here is the sole of the sock:

Secret Sock

Can't tell really anything from that. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in the colorway Green Mountain Madness. I love CTH. It is so soft and squishy. The socks feel wonderful to wear too.

That's it - check back Friday. I finished something!

No comments: