Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's On The Needles

Nothing new, I'm afraid. I finished a stole over the weekend and Sock Madness 2's Round One Zombie socks last night. You'll have to wait for Friday, unless you're on Ravelry. Hehe.

I'll flash one of the skeins of Interlacements Arizona that I used for the stole to tie you over until Friday.

Interlacements Arizona

The sweater for my husband is coming along.

Big Easy close up

Your eyes do not decieve you - oceans of stockinette! I had a yarn shop owner comment on the evenness of my stitches. I am a knitting machine! I'm using Rowan Yorkshire 4-ply Tweed, I guess it's close to a DK weight. The differences between fingering to DK to Sport can be a bit of a challenge for me. I'm using US6, and it's making for a very light, drappy fabric. I thought it would make a nice layering sweater. A man on the train commented on the color the other morning. Olive, or Army green was a such "man's color". He said it was one of his favorite's. There are speaks of light blue, which I think adds some interest. I will make sure that it is properly modeled by the intended user once it has been completed. I have one and a half sleeves to go.

For not having much to report, I certainly said more than I intended!

No comments: