Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Chevron Scarf - Last Minute Gifts


Chevron Scarf - Last Minute Gifts
Originally uploaded by solslett.

Something so simple shouldn't be such a pain in the ass.

It is very rare that I don't use the recommended needle size for the pattern, as long as I'm using the recommended yarn, I'm usually dead on with gauge. On US5's the swatch was fine, the scarf was not.

I was 2/3rd's done, and I ripped the whole thing out. ARGH!!!!!! I moved up to US8's and knew that this was going to require some steam blocking. This is the Dr. Who scarf from hell. It is majorly too long and I can mummify myself with it. Still, I love the color combination, and in that sense, it is very pretty. A few months ago, I selected another colorway to produce another Chevron scarf. It is hot pink and black. It is loud, proud and awesome. I will take another crack at the Chevron scarf, now that I have "experience".

Details:

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM
Color: P200 and P428
Pattern: Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Gifts
Yardage: 175 yds per skeins, 2 of each color
Needle: US8

No comments: