Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Watch Cap #1


Watch Cap #1
Originally uploaded by solslett.

Sometimes I just buy a skein or two of yarn to play with. I bought two complementary shades of blue to knit Husband a double-knitted hat. Maybe some other time. I found a great pattern for a Watch Cap, and cast on.

Husband and I were blessed with big heads, and I had to shorten this one a bit, so I will be donating it to the Ships Project. I have the other skein to work with, and have made some adjustments so the yarn will hopefully "stretch" to what I need to fit Husband's head, otherwise, off it goes to the Ships Project.

What I do know at this point is that I really want to make a sweater from this. It is soooo soft and wonderful.

Stats:

Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft 4 ply (Merino, Microfiber and Cashmere!)
Color: SH440
Pattern: www.royea.net/twistedrib.html
Yardage: 197 yds
Needle: 3.25 mm

No comments: