Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Walking On The Wild Tide - Cricket


Walking The Wild Tide - Cricket
Originally uploaded by solslett.

These are my April Rockin' Sock Club Socks. They started out as the designated Grasshopper socks, however, my brain had gas that day.

The pattern calls for a yarn over, purl 2 together pattern. Easy - no problem. Not for me when I started. I registered knit 2 through the back loop. Why? I don't know. Like I said - brain gas. I was at the gusset increase when it dawned on me, and this was after ripping it out 3 times (yes, the farting was a long, drawn out process), before I realized "oh, yeah, that would be easier". Did I stop? No. I'm stubborn that way. Besides, the ridges that were created were kind of cool. I also stopped the lace pattern at three inches and did a 1/1 rib for 1 1/2".

I call them Cricket. I like them.

Yes, I have cast on the real Grasshopper's in another STR colorway and am properly executing the pattern.

I like to prove every once in while that I am a true blond.

Stats......
Yarn: Silkie Socks That Rock
Color: Walking on the Wild Tide
Pattern: Cricket (aka highly modified Grasshopper)
Yardage: 360 yds
Needle: 2.5mm

No comments: