Saturday, February 02, 2008

In Memorium

I have enjoyed knitting socks very much this past year. There are two pair that stand out, because they were created around the time a favorite book series finished up last summer.

Gigi Silva, otherwise known as Momma Monkey, the host of Socktopia, passed away this week. She was a wonderfully creative woman. I enjoyed participating in Socktopia. When Harry Potter was released last July, Gigi created three sock patterns for the event. I have completed Fawkes and Bellatrix. I was ready to move on to Nagini, but was diverted to other pretty patterns.

I run a KAL called Sock Stash Elimination Campaign. I have challenged the participants to knit a pair of Momma Monkey socks during the month of February. For each completed pair, I will be donating $5 to the Lupus Foundation in Gigi's memory. It's a fitting time to complete Nagini, I think.

We'll miss you, Momma Monkey.

No comments: