Friday, June 20, 2008

Finished Friday

I have to admit that this week there wasn't much getting finished. I took a little break from knitting. I did finish three books in 36 hours however.

Last Christmas, my mother-in-law gave my The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood. I thought it was about time to pick it up - and I couldn't put it down.

It's a poignant work of writing, and tells the stories of several women and how they came to be part of a knitting circle at a local yarn store. What I took away from it is how we find solace in knitting. It gives us peace and brings some tranquility into our lives. (Except when we have to frog something!)

The stories of these women, their trials and tribulations, were at times depressing and then uplifting. These are stories about finding your way back from loss - emotional, physical, personal.

I am glad that I finally sat down to read it and thankful for my mother-in-law's gift. It gave me something to think about, and do a little mental inventory. I like it when a book does that!

No comments: