Monday, January 21, 2008

The beginning and the end of the work day

It has been cold and a little rainy. You know it's really cold when we get snow on Mt. Diablo.

Sunrise over Mt. Diablo

Sunrise over Diablo. Not a bad way to start my work day. I took this from the bus plaza at North Concord BART. It was pretty quiet here today. A lot of people got the holiday off. But if I want to get paid, I have to go to work. The wonderful life of an independent contractor.

Now, on my way home, it's a different story.

Flashback

At the end of the work day, I make my way to BART. This is what I see while I am waiting for the train. I'm sorry - shouldn't this be called First Blood or something? Is this midlife crisis, part 2? I feel like I should have big hair, big shirt, big belt, leggings, major makeup and elf boots. Why on earth, at the age of 58, would he decide to do another Rambo movie? Two generations have been born since the first one came out. When I first saw the poster , I figured someone else was picking up the franchise. Nope. The trailer hasn't been in broad release. He certainly isn't the Italian Stallion anymore. Ugh, that took to me to place I didn't want to go. Visions of Ron Jeremy just popped into my head. Bad ju-ju, very, very bad.

Now Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones or Bruce Willis in Die Hard, that's a different story. Oh, that's better. I have the Indiana Jones theme running through my head now. Take that, Ron Jeremy! Yippee-ki-yay............

No comments: