Monday, January 14, 2008

There's a first time for everything

Some people may think this is a little silly, but I like accomplishing firsts. For instance, I tried Corn Nuts for the first time just a couple of years ago. For once, my husband was a little surprised.

I moved to the Bay Area in October 1991. It took a few years for me to try BART (our commuter train). I haven't been on a ferry here, but I have been on a Bay Cruise. Today, I tried MUNI, San Francisco's light rail system, and to me, very similar to the subway trains found on the East Coast.

Having grown up in a place really devoid of public transportation - in the OC - you just didn't take the bus except to go to the beach - getting used to these various modes of conveyance is just strange. But, since I work in the City now, I have to get used to these things.

One more thing off my "have to try" list....

No comments: