Sunday, January 13, 2008

Update for Saturday

Weekends are always pretty busy for us. Yesterday was no exception.

I drive an old car. In fact, I will have owned it 20 years on the 23rd of the this month. The problem with owning an old car is parts. So, last year I was able to acquire a car that was pretty much a match to mine - it came off the line in October 1987 and my original car came off in July 1987. If it weren't for the after market work mine had, you would be hard pressed to tell them apart.

I refer to mine old car as the "old girl" or "old blue". Like me, she creaks a bit more than she used to and she's not as pretty as she used to be, but with a little work she'd be great. The "new" car is referred to as Debi. There's a slightly sick joke behind that one, but at least it's a quicker way to point one of them out. Anyway, Debi had to go away because the city said so.

Our lovely little town said that since she wasn't running, she had to be removed from public view. Our only way to remedy this was to move her to storage. That's what we did yesterday. We also moved a bunch of stuff from our old storage unit to the new one. We had a nice lunch at Claim Jumper. We went shopping after we were done, and to give our backs a break. When we got home, I steamed some crab and we had a nice dinner with some reserve beer we picked up in Fortuna last summer. By the time I got around to thinking about posting, it was Sunday morning.

We had a full day. We are about to head out again, hopefully to move the last of the stuff from storage. We have some more shopping that needs to be done. If all works out, we should be home early enough so that I can actually post for Sunday.

Oh - I did make time to watch some football yesterday. Even though I am a Vikings fan, and I really should detest the Green Bay Packers, I do love Brett Favre and hope they go back to the Superbowl this year. OMG what a beautiful game yesterday! I love it when the weather becomes part of the game plan. I'm hoping the Giants win today. I would love to see another great game in Green Bay!

No comments: