Sunday, January 06, 2008

We miss you

This was supposed to be my original post for today. I debated whether or not I should still add it. I guess I made up my mind.

On January 6, 1995, a little bundle of furry joy was born. We brought him home in February and this is what he looked like then:

Baby Fen 1995

It took a little coaxing, mainly a rawhide, to bring him in from the rain on the day this picture was taken. We had named him Fenre, after Fenris Wolf from the Norse tales. He was very cute, and that's what saved his tail most of the time.

K&F 032203

We had expected him to grow to a decent size, but when he topped 75 lbs, well, just imagine what that feels like in your lap. He was a cuddler from the beginning. His favorite spot was in front of the couch with some part of his body touching yours - usually his head on a foot. This picture was taken in March 2003. A year later he was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer. He crossed the rainbow bridge on June 8, 2004.

It may sound strange, but every once in a while at night I hear him walking around the house. He was always "puppy on patrol", always our Fearless Fen, my living-breathing teddy bear.

We miss you, Fenny. I hope you're nice and cool and chasing squirrels to your hearts content.

No comments: