Friday, January 25, 2008

FOF (Finished Object Friday)

Last September, I made a felted handbag. I thought it was a bit plain, so I did some surface embroidery and beading. I am very pleased with the results. I want to line it, but I know that won't happen anytime soon.

May I re-present the Lavender Haze Bag....

Lavender Haze Embellished

I have all these different ideas running through my head for different types of bags I want to do. I have found all these wonderful beads and trinkets that will look amazing. I wish there were more hours in the day - or that we win the lotto!

Ok - now for things I finished this week.

Last Sunday, I spent the day watching football. The NFC and AFC championship games are usually better than the Superbowl, and this time was no exception. I had enough time to finish a cowl.

Seasise Fishbone Lace Cowl

It's called a Fishbone Lace Cowl. Here is some more detail to the pattern:

Seaside Fishbone Lace Cowl

It's from a book called Ocean Breezes: Knitted Scarves Inspired by the Sea. I got the book when I was in Solvang last summer, and the yarn is Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb. The colorway is Seaside. Oh my, this is so soft! I really like the way it turned out. I have four skeins of Lorna's Laces sock weight in this colorway, and I planned a pair of socks and mittens to go with.

The other thing I finished this week was from One-Skein Wonders, called One-Skein Scarf.

One Skein Scarf

The yarn is Vergnasco Teseo di.ve. I bought it at the Yarn Connection in Idaho Falls back in 2006 when we were visiting for Thanksgiving. I also bought sock yarn to match these colors, as well as some mohair blend for a hat and mittens. That was my "matching accessories" stage. I've gotten better. It took two skeins, since the pattern called for about 200 yards, and these were 98 yds each. I made this over two nights.

I have a pair of socks that I will probably have done before Wednesday. I would like to cast on some lace, but will probably cast on another pair of socks.

Until next time.....

No comments: