Friday, January 04, 2008

Feeling a little soggy/ FO Friday

The storm is here. We lost the power at home yesterday afternoon, and it really wasn't that severe at that point. This doesn't bode well for the rest of the weekend.

It has been pouring since early this morning. It took for-e-ver to get into the City this morning on BART (the commuter train). They usually run 10 car trains for the morning commute, but I got lucky and got a 5 car train that was running storm slow and packed like a sardine can. The true fun was coming, though.

I heard on the radio this morning that the rain was really coming down in San Francisco - hurricane force winds were expected. It is a 4 1/2 block walk to my office from the BART station.

Just a little wet

I actually went into the restroom when I got to work and wrung out the hems of my pants. The light stops are dry. The next one is more telling.

Indoor puddles

This is a puddle created by my tote bag. There was water inside the bag too, that I poured out. Luckily, the extra pair of socks I brought were in a pocket, and remained dry. The rain is coming down much harder now. Hopefully it eases up by the time I leave to go home.

At least it isn't snow.

Off to nicer topics. I have finished objects to show off.

One Ribbed Cap

My first FO of the year. I started the cap on New Year's Eve and finished it New Year's Day. I wanted my first finished object of the year to be a charity item - start the year with some good karma. It was made with Rowan's Wool Cotton, knit on size 5US needles and required nearly two full skeins. It has a nice feel to it, and should be very nice to wear. I have 4 more oddball skeins and the colors mix and match well enough to make two more hats.

My So Called Scarf

A quick finish. I showed this off on Wednesday, and here it is finished. I used 3 skeins of Baruffa Merinos Otto Shadow and it's just long enough to wrap around and tuck. I folded it in half, so you're seeing only half the length in the photo. I wish I had more of it. The pattern is My So Called Scarf and I used Size 11US needles.

I think it may have stopped raining. Will I make it to the corner store and back before it starts again? Probably not. A Diet Coke would be just a thing to keep me going for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: