Friday, April 04, 2008
Reversai is done! I've washed my hands three times and my fingers are still black. I will be redoing the toes to a squarer finish. Way too much bulk. I will also be redoing sock 1 on the size US 0 needles. Sock 2 fits slightly better, but other than changing the pattern stitch count, I don't see improving the fit by much. At least I can say that I am moving on to Round 3 of Sock Madness. I'm also going to have to put these into a vinegar bath to improve the dye set on these. I don't want black feet.
This is a first for me - I actually considered ripping these socks back completely. The pattern is very attractive, and from that stand point I have no issues. I used Socks That Rock Lenore, which is a lighweight (8-10 stitches per inch on US 1 needles). The gauge was 8.5 spi on US 1, and I got that. However, I should have considered the garter stitch quality to this, which spreads out more. I did my typical stockinette base surrounded by garter. Live and learn.
Another first for me - this pattern killed my wrists. OMG they hurt. I seriously didn't think I was going to get these done today, because I had to keep taking breaks. Not a pleasant experience overall.
We'll see what Round 3 brings us.