Thursday, April 24, 2008

What Was On My Needles Wednesday

Last night I got home too late and I was too tired to even try to blog. Some days are like that. Back to semi normal blogging.

This week, on the needles are...

Mariner's Socks

Mariner's Socks! These are the colors of the Seattle Mariners Baseball Team, and I bought the yarn in Seattle at So Much Yarn! (No, I don't follow baseball, but I liked the colors) It's a basic 2x2 rib pattern. I couldn't get too creative, I was vacation. However, I did pack my dpn's just so I could start a pair of socks if I came across something nice! As you can see, I have come a fair distance since a week ago, when I cast them on.

Slippin Strippin Socks

These are the Sock Madness Round 3 socks. You can see how far I got. The lace weight wasn't the issue, really, it was the fact that we were going on a cruise that screwed me up. When I checked the stat list on Monday, and 7 of the alloted 12 were done, I gave up trying to be knitting Wonder Woman. Maybe next year. I do like the way they are turning out though. I'm using Jojoland Harmony and Jaggerspun Zephyr.

Jacobean in progress

Actually, since I took this picture Tuesday night, I have since turned the heel on sock number 1! The yarn is from J. Knits and the colorway is Los Angeles. The pattern was much easier than it looked and I am reversing the pattern. It was supposed to be toe up, but I hate how they fit. I can't stand a short row heel either. I am also doing this using the Magic Loop method - one long circular. It really slows me down. But the pattern isn't conducive to dpn's.

Souvenir Yarn Stash Acquisition

My stash acquisition from Victoria at the Beehive Wool Shop. I have to go back there someday! So much stuff to fondle. Anyway, I purchased some Fleece Artist and some Handmaiden. Husband heard the total and I am surprised that he said nothing. Of course, when we were in Seattle, for the first time in my life I heard "$40 for a skein of yarn and a magazine? Seriously?" Let's just say this bag was 2 1/2 times the Seattle purchase.

I didn't get as much knitting time in last week as I had hoped, but it was better than nothing. Since I am posting this on Thursday - I know there is no way that I will have anything done for tomorrow. Next week, just wait!

No comments: