Wednesday, April 02, 2008

What's On My Needles Wednesday

I've been a busy bee this week. Let's start with the longer term project.

Mystic Light Shawl Part One

This is part one of the Mystic Light Shawl KAL. It's a great pattern and I actually got part 1 finished in a couple days. Part 2 comes out today. The yarn in Dream In Color Smooshy in the colrowar Dusky Aurora. I discovered that when I wound these skeins into center pull cakes, that even though they claim to be the same dyelot, there is a difference in color. When I start part two, I will have to alternate every two rows to accommodate the color variation. Why not use another yarn? Because I'm stubborn, I don't want to rip back part 1 and buying more yarn at this point is out of the question. I purchased this as Stitches West, and don't have much recourse to remedy this easily.

Reversai Sock No. 1

Sock Madness Round 2 - Reversai. I am using Socks That Rock Lenore, a sock club shipment from last year. First, OMG this yarns bleeds. May fingers are black! Second, this pattern has a great design, but I hate a rounded toe and, even though I got gauge, these are huge! I'm going to have to do something different for sock 2, with the understanding that I will be ripping this one back once I have completed this round.

Noro Sock No. 1

A plain ribbed sock is such a nice respite from intricate patterns. I'm using Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, and this better soften in the wash. It is so scratchy, but the colors are amazing. I've cast on #2, and had to rip it back to try to match the stripes. I feel like being a genius again! At least these fit.

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

I just bought two skeins of Noro Sock Kureyon to make gloves and socks to match my hat and scarf. I had made gloves out of the Kureyon, but after replacing thumbs and fingers two or three times, I decided that was it. What size needles did you use on your socks? The label says 2.7-3.3(2-3), but the yarn looks thin enough for 0 or 1. Was there much give? You can e-mail me at: sandy1doug2hargis@verizon.net. Thanks so much, Sandy