Monday, May 05, 2008

Memorable Moments

Pfeiffer State Beach - Big Sur

There are days when I just want to get in the car and go to the beach. Since that is further away than it used to be, and with gas at nearly $4 a gallon, it's an expensive "just 'cause I feel like it" trip. So I have these picture to fall back on.

This is at Pfeiffer State Beach at Big Sur, a couple of hours drive south of Monterey. It's so beautiful. I always mean to spend a few more hours there, but it seems I arrive towards the end of the day, and I'm heading home or spending the night in Monterey. There's a mystique to Big Sur, an other-worldly feeling. The air is so clean, tinged with sea mist.

If you ever make it out to California, go there if you can. You'll understand why we put up with the living in other parts of the state!

No comments: